This Breakfast Sandwich Is the Size of a Car Tire
- 1.8 pounds Italian Salsiccia sausage
- 4-6 slices pancetta
- 4-6 slices buffalo mozzarella cheese
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Green and black seedless olives, sliced
- 3-4 teaspoons barbecue sauce
- Lettuce, to garnish
- Peel the casing off the sausage to free the meat within, and form it into a patty (approximately 3 links should make 1 patty).
- Freeze the patties for 1 hour.
- Heat the grill to 400°F.
- Slice the tomatoes and olives in half.
- Grill the patties over high, direct heat for 4 minutes on each side. Add the pancetta after you've flipped each one and grill for an additional 4 minutes before adding the mozzarella. Reduce the heat (or move the patties to indirect heat) and grill for another 15 minutes.
- Build the burger on toasted ciabatta by layering the barbecue sauce, lettuce, salsiccia patty, tomatoes, and olives. For bonus points, pair it with a glass of Montepulciano, and serve.