France's Fête des Lumières Is a Light Festival Unlike Anything You've Ever Seen
Breakfast Sandwich Waffles Recipe
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups Bisquick mix
- 1 ⅓ cups milk
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound cooked and crumbled breakfast sausage
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- Maple syrup, for serving
- Bacon, for garnish (optional)
- Heat waffle iron; grease with vegetable oil or shortening.
- Stir Bisquick, milk, 1 egg, and oil until blended. Pour ¼ cup batter onto hot waffle iron. Top with a handful of sausage and cheese. Crack an egg right over the center and top with another ¼ cup batter.
- Close the lid and cook until it stops steaming, about 5 minutes.
- Remove waffle to a wire rack while you make the rest.
- Serve warm with maple syrup and crumbled bacon on top.