Make This Apple Brandy Elderflower Sparkler for Your Next Fancy Party
Candy Corn Jell-O Shots
- 1 (3-ounce) box orange Jell-O
- 6 packages Knox unflavored gelatin
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk (½ of a 14-ounce can)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup vanilla vodka
- Yellow food dye
- Cone-shaped water cups
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine 1 cup of water and 4 gelatin packets. Stir occasionally and cook for approximately 5 minutes, or until all the gelatin has dissolved.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and add ½ the can of condensed milk. Stir to combine, and then add ⅔ cup vanilla cake vodka. Cover, and set aside.
- Evenly distribute half of the mixture throughout your cone cups. Set them in the refrigerator for approximately 30 to 40 minutes, or until firm.
- Once the first layer is firm, pour another cup of water into the saucepan and add 2 more gelatin packets. Heat the water until the gelatin dissolves and remove the pan from heat.
- Stir in the box of orange Jell-O until it dissolves as well, and add the remaining ⅓ cup vanilla vodka. Evenly distribute this orange layer on top of the first white layer, and place the tray back in the refrigerator to chill.
- When the orange layer has solidified, retrieve the second half of the milk mixture set aside in the first step. Add in a few drops of yellow food dye (tip: if the mixture has already begun to congeal, put it in the microwave until slightly warm and the lumps dissolve). Carefully distribute the yellow layer on top of the orange layer, and return it to the fridge once more.
- When the shots have set, peel off the cone-shaped water cups and serve. (Optional: For a more authentic look, cut the tip off of the white layer.)