Dreading the Holidays? You Need This Cranberry Sauce Margarita.
- 12oz pizza dough, room temperature (you can pick this up at the supermarket or your local pizzeria)
- 12oz Cheddar, Asiago, Gruyere, and/or mozzarella Cheese
- 2-3 cups tomato sauce (here's a recipe!)
- 1 small handful of basil, washed, dried & gently torn or cut
- If you are making your tomato sauce, now is a good time to do it otherwise heat up whatever you have.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray or lightly oil a baking sheet. Stretch pizza dough so it fits the the baking sheet. Be careful not to rip it. If you feel like tossing it around and flipping it, be our guest. It helps to have wet hands when stretching. Cover the sheet trays with some plastic wrap and allow to sit in a warm area for 30-40 minutes.
- Grate the cheeses on the large holes of a box grater and mix them together.
- Spread the cheese evenly and generously across the dough to the edges.
- Bake the pizza for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown, and the cheese begins to caramelize along the edges.
- Once the pie is baked and out of the oven, transfer it to a large cutting board and let it rest for a minute, allowing the bubbly cheese to cool into the crust for four to six minutes.
- Spoon over the tomato sauce, garnish with basil and cut. If you don’t have a pizza cutter, kitchen scissors work just great. Enjoy!