- 3 ears of golden corn in the husk
- 1 cups of mayonnaise
- 2 cups of Mexican Crema
- 2 cups crumbled Cotija cheese
- 10 ounces queso fresco
- 1 bag of tri-colored tortilla chips (if you can’t find this, then purchase a bag of yellow corn tortilla chips and a bag of blue tortilla chips)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup of chopped green onion (to top at the end)
- 2 tablespoons red chili powder or cayenne pepper
- Half a lime, juiced
- Heat grill to high heat.
- With the husks still on, place the ears of corn on the grill for 30 minutes. Take off of the grill and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Remove corns’ husks and cut the kernels off the cob and set aside.
- Mix Mexican Crema, chili powder, and sour cream until fully combined, and set aside.
- Place tortilla chips on a baking sheet and toast on the grill (this should take only a few minutes).
- Immediately place toasted tortilla chips onto a warm platter or plate.
- Spread the creamy mixture you made earlier over the tortilla chips, making sure to distribute evenly.
- Then, scoop the roasted corn on top of the cream base. Top with generously sprinkled queso fresco, cotija cheese, chopped cilantro, and chopped green onion. Finish with a couple generous lime squeezes and then bring to table to share. Do not try to swallow the entire plate on your own. Be the good host.