Stay Classy This Winter With a Spiced Pear Tom Collins
Fried Queso Sticks Recipe
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1-pound block Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs, whisked
- 1 (9-ounce) bag blue tortilla chips, finely crushed
- 2 quarts vegetable oil
- Salsa, for serving
- Cut Velveeta into 2 ½-by-½-inch sticks.
- Preheat oil to 350℉ in a deep fryer or heavy-bottomed pot fitted with an oil thermometer.
- Place flour, eggs, and tortilla chip crumbs in 3 separate shallow bowls. Coat each cheese stick in flour, tap to remove excess, dip in eggs, and dredge in tortilla chips, pressing thoroughly to coat.
- Fry in batches for 1 to 2 minutes, until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with salsa.