Turn Your Old Fruit Into Booze With This New Gadget
- 3 ounces pisco
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- Tonic water, to float
- 1½ tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ cup coconut cream
- Black food dye, to color
- Dash of Angostura bitters
- Optional: Dry ice, for presentation (NOTE: Do not swallow the dry-ice chips. Wait until the dry ice has smoked out and evaporated entirely before consuming the drink.)
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut cream and a few drops of black food dye. Stir to combine, and then add a small spoonful of the mixture to the bottom of a martini glass.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine pisco, lemon juice, lime juice, and sugar. Cover and shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Add 2 large ice cubes to the cocktail glass, and strain the mixture over the black coconut cream into a cocktail glass. Top with a float of tonic water. For dramatic presentation, add 2-3 drops of dry ice. (NOTE: Do not swallow the dry-ice chips. Wait until the dry ice has smoked out and evaporated entirely before consuming the drink.)