Mulled Wine Is the Easiest, Best Booze-Related Decision You'll Make This Fall
Do you have a large pot and a stove? How about an average bottle of red wine? Congratulations: You're well on your way to making this absurdly easy recipe for mulled wine by the appropriately named Drinks Made Easy. Hit up your nearest grocery store for the spices listed below, and you're basically almost finished. How are you at standing around? Fantastic! Check out the video to see how it's done.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- 5 cardamom pods, bruised
- 26 whole cloves
- 1 orange, halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, crushed or grated
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 bottle red wine of your choice
- ½ cup honey
- Handful of "trail mix," consisting of cranberries, raisins, and slivered almonds
- In a large pot, combine all the ingredients and bring them to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for approximately 5-8 minutes.
- Strain the mixture into a carafe and serve.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.