This Pizza Dip Lets You Throw a New Kind of Pizza Party
Stovetop Rice Recipe
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 3 cups
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup long-grain jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a medium saucepan bring 1 ¾ cups water and salt to a full boil.
- Put rice in a fine mesh strainer and rinse under cold running water until it runs clear.
- Add rice and butter to the saucepan; return to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Cook for 15-18 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender. Do not remove the lid during cooking; that steam is essential. A glass lid is helpful so you can keep an eye on the rice without lifting the lid.
- Turn off heat and let the saucepan stand uninterrupted for 5 minutes. Uncover and fluff rice with a fork before serving.