This Simple, Indian-Inspired Dinner Will Please Everyone for Less Than $30
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 cups
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced white onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh serrano peppers, including seeds
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 ripe Mexican Hass avocados, halved and pitted
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Mash half the cilantro, onion, serrano, salt, and garlic into a coarse paste with a pestle in a molcajete or mortar. You can also mince and mash the ingredients together on a cutting board with a large knife and transfer the paste to a bowl.
- Scoop avocado flesh into the mortar. Add tomato, lime juice, and remaining cilantro; lightly mash the avocado with a fork until evenly combined with the other ingredients, but still chunky.
- Serve with tortilla chips.