Make This Sushi Burrito at Home, Become a Snack Legend
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 cups
- 1 (15-ounce) can of chickpeas
- Juice of one large lemon
- ½ cup sesame tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Drain the chickpeas and reserve ¼ cup of the liquid.
- Put chickpeas, reserved liquid, and lemon juice in a food processor or blender and whirl until smooth. Add tahini, 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, salt, cumin, and paprika; blend again until smooth. Stop the machine a couple of times during blending to scrape down the sides to make sure everything gets incorporated.
- Spoon the hummus into a serving dish, make a little crater in the middle, and drizzle remaining olive oil in it. Garnish with black pepper, olives, parsley, roasted pine nuts, or whatever you want. Hummus will keep in the refrigerator for up to four days.