When You Can't Decide Between a Sushi and a Burger, Now You Won't Have To
How to Roll Sushi
- Bamboo sushi mat
- Gallon-sized Ziploc bag or strong plastic wrap
- 1/2 cup cooked sushi rice
- 1 sheet nori seaweed
- Whatever filling you want
- Place your bamboo sushi mat in a large plastic Ziploc bag or cover it in plastic wrap.
- Place half a sheet of nori seaweed, shiny side up, on the bamboo mat. With dampened fingers or the back of a spoon, spread ½ cup sushi rice on the nori, covering the whole sheet. Flip it over so the rice is on the bottom.
- Place about ¼ cup of filling in a horizontal line across the lower third of the nori.
- Pull the bottom of the mat up to help roll the nori over the filling. Pull it taught toward you to make a tight roll, release the mat, and do it again a couple more times, until you reach the end.
- With a sharp knife, cut the roll crosswise into 6 even pieces.