Make This Apple Brandy Elderflower Sparkler for Your Next Fancy Party
Whiskey and Coke Chicken Wings
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- 1/2 cup whiskey
- 1/2 cup Coca Cola
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lb chicken wings, separated into 'wingettes and drumettes'
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp cold water
- sunflower oil, for deep frying
- Get started on your prep. Ensure that your wings are nice and dry and are as close to
room temperature as you can muster.
- Pop them on a small plate alongside 2 bowls, one containing your flour and the other
with your eggs in.
- Pop your garlic powder, paprika, cayenne, salt and black pepper into your flour bowl and
mix to combine.
- Add your water to the eggs and whisk until uniform in color.
- Dunk a wing into your egg, lift out and allow to drain briefly before placing into your
seasoned flour. Turn your wing to give it a good coating then shake off the excess.
- Repeat with all of your wings.
- Get your sunflower oil up to 430ºF and fry your wings in two batches for 7 or so minutes.
You want good color but also for your wings to be cooked through and semi-confited in
the oil. Bring out, drain and pop onto a large baking tray.
- In a pan over medium heat, add your whiskey, Coke, Sriracha, soy and sugar. Bring up to
a simmer to ensure all has melted then pop in your garlic. Cook for 5 or so minutes to
reduce the sauce and get it nice and thick and sticky.
- Glaze your rested wings liberally with the sauce, then throw in the oven to broil on high
for 3 minutes or so.
- Serve with a cooling dip- ranch works well here- and a few crudités to cleanse to palette
- Napkins are useful!