This Jack Frost Cocktail Is Like Drinking a Tropical Snowman
Ah, snow: It looks pretty, but it's kind of a pain to deal with -- especially once you're burnt out on winter generally. So if the flakes are falling and you're stuck inside refreshing your Facebook feed, green with envy at every photo from your friend's latest island vacation, take heart: DrinksMadeEasy has the perfect cocktail for you. Enter the Jack Frost: a winning combo of vodka, blue Curaçao, pineapples, and all the coconut you could possibly want. Looks like snow, tastes like the tropical getaway you can't afford. What's not to like? Here's how to make it.
The Jack Frost
Total Time: 15 mintues
Yield: 2 cocktails
- 4 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces blue Curaçao
- 2 ounces cream of coconut (not coconut milk)
- 1½ cups ice cubes
- Frosted shredded coconut, to garnish
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ tablespoon water
- Shredded coconut
- To prepare the garnish, combine sugar and water in a small, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, stir, then microwave for an additional 1 minute. The mixture should be thick, but moveable. Spread the shredded coconut out evenly on a small plate, and separate any pieces so that there are no large clumps. Using a spatula, dab the sugar mixture along the outside of the glasses, close to the rim. Roll each glass in the shredded coconut, and set aside.
- To make the cocktail, combine the pineapple juice, vodka, blue Curaçao, cream of coconut, and the ice cubes in a blender or food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Evenly divide the mixture between the two prepared cocktail glasses, and serve immediately.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.