Pumpkin, Punch Out: Here's Your New Favorite Fall Drink
Pumpkin spice season is officially underway, and we're on the lookout for creative ways for you to get your fix -- which is why we're pretty pumped up about this simple cocktail recipe from the boys at DrinksMadeEasy. It's the perfect marriage of booze and baking spices: zesty ginger beer and bourbon for that classic whiskey bite that lingers on the tongue, aided by bright lemon juice, sweet pumpkin, cinnamon, and fresh ginger for extra zing.
Spiced Pumpkin Punch
- 1 ounce pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces bourbon
- ⅛ teaspoon grated fresh ginger (or ground ginger, if desired)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Ginger beer
- Sage leaves, to garnish (optional)
- Peel and grate the ginger. Set aside.
- Dip your cocktail glass into a plate of simple syrup to wet the rim, and then dip it into a second plate of ground cinnamon to coat the edges.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine equal parts ground cinnamon and grated ginger, followed by the pumpkin purée, honey, lemon juice, and bourbon. Cover and shake vigorously.
- Strain the contents of the cocktail shaker into the ice-filled, cinnamon-rimmed cocktail glass. Top with a float of ginger beer, garnish with sage leaves, and serve.