Spiced Pumpkin Punch
- 1 ounce pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces bourbon
- ⅛ teaspoon grated fresh ginger (or ground ginger, if desired)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Ginger beer
- Sage leaves, to garnish (optional)
- Peel and grate the ginger. Set aside.
- Dip your cocktail glass into a plate of simple syrup to wet the rim, and then dip it into a second plate of ground cinnamon to coat the edges.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine equal parts ground cinnamon and grated ginger, followed by the pumpkin purée, honey, lemon juice, and bourbon. Cover and shake vigorously.
- Strain the contents of the cocktail shaker into the ice-filled, cinnamon-rimmed cocktail glass. Top with a float of ginger beer, garnish with sage leaves, and serve.