This Kimchi Bloody Mary is Your New Brunch Staple
Food and Wine is giving your brunch day Bloody Mary a spicy Korean twist by throwing in some kimchi, Gochujang (hot pepper paste), and garnishing the cocktail with various Banchan like pickled spicy cucumber, tofu, and pickled ginger. Kimchi for you and me.
Kimchi Bloody Mary
- 1 packed cups kimchi (16 ounces)
- 25 ounces tomato juice
- 1/4 cup Gochujang
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup vodka (16 ounces)
- Banchan, for garnish
- Working in batches, puree the kimchi with the tomato juice, Gochujang, Worcestershire and vinegar.
- Set a fine-mesh strainer over a bowl and strain the kimchi puree, pressing gently on the solids to extract as much juice as possible; you should have 6 cups of kimchi-Mary mix.
- Chill thoroughly, then season with salt and pepper and stir in the vodka.
- Serve over ice. Garnish with skewers of Banchan essentials like pickled spicy cucumbers, tofu, peppers and sweet pickled ginger.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.