Go Camping in the Comfort of Your Own Home With S'mores Dip
Korean Barbecue Tacos
Yield: 4-5 tacos
- 1 pound thinly sliced beef (sirloin or flank steak)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup green cabbage, shredded
- ½ cup carrots, shredded
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup very thinly sliced Persian cucumbers
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 4-5 flour tortillas
- Place the sliced flank steak in a medium-sized mixing bowl then add the soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, red chili flakes, salt and pepper. Pour everything into a large resealable bag. Shake or agitate until well-coated, and marinate for 15 minutes to 2 hours as desired.
- To make the pickled cucumbers, combine the cucumbers, rice vinegar, and sugar in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes (or up to 4 hours).
- Heat a medium oiled skillet to medium heat. Add the beef in a single layer and cook for 4-5 minutes until beef is cooked through and starting to brown.
- To make the slaw, combine the green cabbage, purple cabbage, carrots, lime juice, olive oil, and green onions in a medium-sized bowl. Toss until well-mixed, and season as desired with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the tacos, place 4+ toasted flour tortillas on a flat surface. Fill each tortilla with approximately ¼ cup of slaw and evenly divide the beef over the tortillas. Top each taco with approximately 2 tablespoons of pickled cucumbers, and serve.