Step out of your cheesesteak comfort zone and try 0815BBQ's Bulgogi-inspired cheesesteak sandwich. Marinate some steak in an Asian style blend of soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and brown sugar, and grill it till it's juicy and perfect. Put it on a sesame bun and add on some grilled peppers, bean sprouts, and of course cheese for an Asian twist on a meaty, cheesy classic.
- 15 oz sirloinsteak
- half cup of soy-sauce
- 1 tsp of chopped ginger
- 1 tsp of chopped garlic
- 3 tsp of brown sugar
- 2 tsp sesame seed
- 2 spring onions (only the withe part)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- handfull of grated cheese (I used swiss cheese)
- one red bell pepper
- one handfull of mung bean sprouts
- one sesame roll
- Slice steak into small strips.
- In a bowl, mix soy-sauce with ginger, garlic, sugar, sesame seed, spring onions.
- Add the sliced steak into the bowl, mix around to cover the steak in the juices, and let marinate for one hour.
- Grill mung bean sprouts and sliced bell pepper.
- Grill marinated beef with one flip and add the grated cheese.
- Build your sandwich starting with a roll, add on the grilled peppers and mung bean sprouts, then add the meat. Top with chopped green spring onions and the other half of the bun.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.