Dreading the Holidays? You Need This Cranberry Sauce Margarita.
Kumquat Raspberry Margarita
Yield: 1 drink
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cup raspberries
- 2-3 kumquats
- 1 1/2 oz tequila
- 1 1/2 oz triple sec
- 1/2 oz raspberry syrup
- Begin by making the raspberry simple syrup. In a medium saucepan, combine the water, sugar, and raspberries.
- Heat until it comes to a boil, stirring occasionally, then simmer for 5-10 minutes. During the last minute or two of cooking, add the zest of a few kumquats (it’s hard to get all of the zest off, obviously, so just a few swipes to release the essential oils) and then throw them in whole – they’ll permeate the syrup while cooling.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Strain into a glass jar and discard the raspberries/kumquats.
- To make the drink, add the sliced kumquats into a cocktail shaker and muddle them to break them up and release their flavors.
- Add the tequila, triple sec, raspberry simple syrup, a little ice and shake well.
- Garnish with extra kumquat slices and salt the rim of the glasses if desired.