Lasagna Cupcakes Are the New... Cupcakes
The cupcake trend will not die, so if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Instead of chocolate and sugar, these savory cupcakes are layered with Bolognese, noodles, and three kinds of cheeses -- four, if you count the frosting. And speaking of frosting... what's a cupcake without it? Whipped ricotta and cream cheese is the perfect topper. And don't forget the parsley sprinkles.
Lasagna cupcakes recipe
Total Time: 50 minutes
- Cooking oil spray
- 12 lasagna noodles (about 8 ounces)
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- 2 ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¾ cup bolognese marinara sauce
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375℉. Grease the inside of a muffin tin with cooking spray; set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain and transfer them to a cutting board. Using a 2 ¼-inch round cookie cutter, cut three circles out of each noodle.
- In each muffin mold, layer 1 noodle circle, 1 teaspoon ricotta, 1 tablespoon mozzarella, and 1 teaspoon sauce. Repeat two more times. Finish with a teaspoon of Parmesan on top of each.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until cheese is bubbling. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Run a knife along the edges of the lasagnas and carefully lift them out with a spoon.
- With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the ricotta until combined.
- Frost lasagna cupcakes, sprinkle with parsley, and serve immediately.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.