Drink This Winter Bourbon Smash and Conquer Cold Weather Forever
Lasagna Pot Pie Recipe
Total Time: 2 hours
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (6-ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 lasagna noodles (1/2 pound)
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 ½ cups (6 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 6 (6" x 3" x 2") mini loaf pans
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until well browned, about 10 minutes. Drain excess grease and return to heat. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water. Season with sugar, basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons parsley. Simmer, covered, for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 4 minutes. Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta, 1 egg, and remaining 2 tablespoons parsley.
- In each casserole dish, spread 3 tablespoons of meat sauce evenly on the bottom. Place a noodle over it (you may need to trim it to fit). Spread 3 tablespoons of ricotta mixture over that. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons mozzarella over it. Spread another 3 tablespoons meat sauce over the cheeses and top with 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Place another noodle over that and repeat the ricotta, mozzarella, sauce, and Parmesan layers. Cut puff pastry to fit and place on top.
- Whisk remaining 1 egg with 1 tablespoon water. Brush the mixture over the tops of the puff pastries.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 15 minutes, or until the cheese bubbles out from the edges.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.