Chicken legs are only as good as the sauce that smothers them, and Ballistic BBQ's homemade orange glaze takes these legs to tangy, saucy perfection. Made with orange juice, orange liqueur, crushed red pepper, Chinese five spices, and more, these lolly pop chicken legs are better than candy.
Lollipop Chicken Legs with Orange Glaze
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 5 cloves finely minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- chicken legs
- salt and pepper
- Preheat grill to 350º F using indirect heat.
- Season lolly pop trimmed chicken legs with kosher salt and ground pepper then place them on the grill, opposite the heat source.
- Cook chicken for about 45 minutes to an hour, or until internal temp reaches 165ºF.
- Mix all ingredients together to make the orange glaze.
- Dip chicken legs into orange glaze and put them back on the grill 10-15 minutes, until glaze has tightened up.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.