These Onion Rings Are Stuffed With Cheeseburgers
Mac & Cheese Bacon Cups
- 12 slices thick-cut, smoked, streaky bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 12 count muffin tray
- 2 cups dried macaroni, cooked in salted boiling water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1½ cups whole milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Cheddar, shredded
- ⅔ cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, finely chopped
- 3-4 dashes Panko bread crumbs
- Make the macaroni per the instructions on the packet.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter until foamy. Add the flour, and stir to combine. Heat for 1 minute until toasted and biscuity.
- Add the milk gradually and stir as you go. Simmer to thicken, and then season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked (and drained) macaroni. Add the cheese stir, and remove from heat. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- For the bacon, heat the olive oil in a nonstick pan and cook the pieces just halfway.
- Pop each slice into the lightly misted muffin tray and wrap around each around the edge of the indent. Fill each cup with pasta and sprinkle each with bread crumbs and rosemary.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes and serve.