The Fasties: On Winning a Lifetime Supply of White Castle
Mac Attack Burger
- 2 cups macaroni elbows
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 lb. ground beef
- brioche buns
- butter lettuce
- 1/2 lb. bacon
- 3 tbsp. ketchup
- 3 tbsp. mayo
- 1 tomato
- Fill medium pot with water and bring to a boil. While boiling, add macaroni elbows and cook until al dente. Once cooked, drain excess water and return elbows to pot.
- Add butter, milk, and cheese, one cup at a time. Mix thoroughly.
- Form ground beef into patties and create a small well in the center. Add desired amount of finished macaroni and cheese and cover with additional ground beef. Close tightly and ensure top layer of ground beef is sealed to the bottom layer.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and cook bacon until crispy. Remove bacon and set aside.
- In the same skillet, grab the burgers and cook until medium, about 5 minutes per side.
- Mix ketchup and mayo together. Spread 1/2 tbsp. on the inside of both brioche bun slices. Start to build your burger by placing down lettuce followed by your mac and cheese stuffed patty, bacon, tomato, and top half of bun.
- Dig in!