These Onion Rings Are Stuffed With Cheeseburgers
Mac & Cheese-Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 18 ounces dry elbow macaroni
- 1¼ cups Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1½ cups white Cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 cup smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1 pound cooked chicken breast
- 4 bell peppers
- Hot sauce of your choice, to taste
- Chopped parsley, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In oiled skillet over medium-high heat, season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes per side, depending on thickness (or until cooked through). Once cooked, remove from heat.
- In a separate pot, boil the water and cook the macaroni until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Add all the shredded cheeses (save for ½ cup of the white Cheddar, for later use) and the heavy cream to the pot of macaroni. Stir until the cheese is melted and the heavy cream is incorporated.
- Add in the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Once chicken has rested, dice it up.
- Place the cooked macaroni noodles in a large bowl and add the diced chicken first and then the cheese sauce. Stir to incorporate.
- Cut the tops off of the peppers and remove the seeds. Place the peppers on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet with the hollow side facing up.
- Stuff each pepper with the pasta-chicken mixture, and evenly sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of white Cheddar cheese over each one.
- Bake the peppers for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese begins to melt.
- Drizzle with hot sauce as desired, and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve.