Magic Ice Ball Cocktail
- 1/3 oz 151 proof rum (for flaming)
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1.5 oz triple sec
- 2.5 oz tequila
- 1 oz agave nectar
- 0.5 oz blue curaçao
- bamboo skewer
- sphere ice mold
- thick sewing needle
- Using a sphere mold, fill with water and freeze until a thick outer ice layer has frozen but the inside remains liquid (figure about two hours).
- Remove the sphere from the mold and pour out the water inside. Using a thick sewing needle, poke a hole 90 degrees away from the top opening. Shimmy a bamboo skewer through the hole and use the needle to create another hole on the opposite side of the ice sphere. Shimmy the skewer through. Place sphere back in freeze to set.
- In a shaker filled with ice, combine lime juice, triple sec, tequila, agave, and blue curaçao. Shake vigorously. It is very important that the drink is incredibly cold.
- In a tempered glass, pour in a shot of 151 alcohol (flammable). Place the sphere over the shot, hovering from the skewer, and fill with the blue margarita using the syringe. Once full, lift up the sphere, light the 151 on fire and place the sphere back down. The flames will burn through the ice and the drink will pour out and extinguish the flame.