- 1 1/2 pounds very thinly sliced flank steak
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- 10 toothpicks
- 1 large navel orange, juiced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. chili powder
- Cut the steak into 4 slices, width-wise (if it is not already pre-cut). Place all marinade ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. Place steak in the marinade and toss to coat thoroughly. Cover bowl and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours or more.
- Soak toothpicks in a bowl of water and allow to sit for 15 minutes while you prep the rest of the ingredients. Drain the marinade and season the steak with sea salt and ground black pepper on both sides. Place 1⁄4 of each color bell pepper and onions at the end of a piece of steak. Roll the steak around the sliced vegetables and secure with toothpicks. Repeat with the remaining steak slices.
- For grilling-preheat grill and cook for 2-3 minutes each on all sides, or until steak is cooked to your liking.
- For stovetop-preheat a ridged grill pan on the stove (lightly coat with oil if needed). Cook steak rolls for about 2-3 minutes on all sides or until steak is cooked to your liking. The thinner the steak, the less time it will take to cook.
- Place the steak rolls on a cutting board and allow to rest for about 5 minutes. Remove toothpicks and serve with your favorite sides!