Admit it: You're getting tired of Pumpkin Spice Lattes. We get it, and so do our friends at Drinks Made Easy, who've brilliantly taken pumpkin to a gloriously boozy place with spiced rum in this genius recipe for pumpkin spice toddy Jell-O shots. Yes, there's a bit of cooking involved, but hey -- it's a fun way to get your Halloween buzz started, and it sure beats waiting in line at a café.
Spiced Rum Pumpkin Toddy Jell-O Shots
- 2 ounces gelatin
- 6 ounces hot water
- 3 ounces simple syrup
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin pie filling
- 3 ounces spiced rum
- 1 ounce vanilla vodka
- Pumpkin mold to shape shots
- Make the Jell-O by combining the boiling water and gelatin powder. Stir until dissolved.
- In a cocktail shaker or mixing glass, combine the pumpkin pie filling, spiced rum, simple syrup, and vanilla vodka. Stir to combine
- Add the mixture to the Jell-O pot and stir.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the pumpkin molds and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Extricate the Jell-O shots from the mold and serve.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.