Big Boi From OutKast Introduces Cliff to Atlanta’s Food Scene
Microwave Mac 'n' Cheese in a Mug Recipe
Total Time: 6 minutes
Yield: 1 serving
- 1/3 cup elbow macaroni noodles
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- Sprinkle of cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Put pasta and 1/3 cup of water into a 15-ounce mug (or larger). Place the mug on a large plate to catch any overflow and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir well and microwave for another 2 minutes.
- Carefully remove mug from microwave with oven mitts or a dish towel. Noodles should be nearly cooked at this point and most of the liquid should be absorbed/evaporated. Stir again, add milk and butter, and nuke for 1 ½ minutes. Add cheese, salt, mustard, and cayenne; mix well. Microwave for 30 seconds to melt the cheese; stir again.
- Finish with pepper and eat immediately.