Mojito Hot Toddy
Yield: 1 cocktail
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, lightly packed and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tea bag (English Breakfast, Earl Grey, or any desired black tea)
- ¼ cup rum, dark or light as desired
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Rinse a small teapot with hot water and drain it. Add the mint leaves, brown sugar, tea bag, and 1 cup of boiling water. Cover and let stand for 2 minutes, jiggling the tea bag several times. Lift the tea bag out and add the rum and lime juice.
- Pour the mojito toddy through a fine strainer into a heatproof martini or wine glass. Serve.