This Mojito Hot Toddy Is the Destroyer of Colds
Love a good hot toddy, but... just not feeling the whiskey today? We won't judge, but we'd like to propose another alternative for all your boozy cold cure needs: This mojito hot toddy by DrinksMadeEasy. It's hot mint, sugar, citrus, and -- mostly importantly -- rum. Kick back and treat your sinuses to something nice for once. They wanted to take that vacation in the Bahamas, too, you know. Watch the video to see how it's done.
Mojito Hot Toddy
Yield: 1 cocktail
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, lightly packed and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tea bag (English Breakfast, Earl Grey, or any desired black tea)
- ¼ cup rum, dark or light as desired
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Rinse a small teapot with hot water and drain it. Add the mint leaves, brown sugar, tea bag, and 1 cup of boiling water. Cover and let stand for 2 minutes, jiggling the tea bag several times. Lift the tea bag out and add the rum and lime juice.
- Pour the mojito toddy through a fine strainer into a heatproof martini or wine glass. Serve.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.