Nacho French Bread Could Make Tortilla Chips Obsolete
Chips? Forget 'em. Keep the crunch and opt for fresh French bread as the delivery system for all your favorite nacho trimmings. Don't overthink it, just trust us and make this insanely easy recipe from Food Steez. It's the kind of fusion cuisine we can get behind. Watch the video to see how it's done.
Nacho French Bread
- 1 loaf French Bread
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 2-3 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 2 jalapeños, diced
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- ½ cup hot sauce
- ¼ cup cilantro
- Slice the bread loaf in half lengthwise. Place both halves on a greased large cookie sheet.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain grease, and then add the taco seasoning to the ground beef according to package directions. Simmer for 10 minutes and remove from heat.
- Place the refried beans in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, then stir well and then spread the beans evenly over the top of French bread halves. Top evenly with the cooked ground beef mixture, cheese, chopped onion, and jalapeño.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top both halves with cilantro, tomatoes, green onion, and a generous drizzle of hot sauce. Serve.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.