Nacho French Bread
- 1 loaf French Bread
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 2-3 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 2 jalapeños, diced
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- ½ cup hot sauce
- ¼ cup cilantro
- Slice the bread loaf in half lengthwise. Place both halves on a greased large cookie sheet.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain grease, and then add the taco seasoning to the ground beef according to package directions. Simmer for 10 minutes and remove from heat.
- Place the refried beans in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, then stir well and then spread the beans evenly over the top of French bread halves. Top evenly with the cooked ground beef mixture, cheese, chopped onion, and jalapeño.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top both halves with cilantro, tomatoes, green onion, and a generous drizzle of hot sauce. Serve.