Stay Classy This Winter With a Spiced Pear Tom Collins
Nutella-Stuffed French Toast Recipe
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 large loaf challah bread
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ cups crushed Frosted Flakes cereal
- 1 cup crushed hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Powdered sugar and maple syrup for serving (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix together the Nutella and cream cheese until combined. Transfer the mixture into a resealable plastic bag. Snip off a small corner of the bag.
- Cut bread into 2-inch slices (you should have 4 slices, not including the end pieces). With a serrated knife, make an incision from the top of each slice, about 3/4 of the way through to make a pocket for the filling.
- Using the resealable bag as a pastry bag, stuff each slice of bread with about 1/4 cup of the Nutella mixture. Refrigerate the stuffed slices while you prepare the batter and breading.
- Combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and nutmeg in a wide, shallow bowl and whisk until light and frothy.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, combine Frosted Flakes and hazelnuts.
- Soak the bread slices in the egg batter for about 30 seconds on each side. Let excess batter drip off; transfer to the cereal/nut mixture and coat well.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium-low. Add butter and oil. When the butter is melted and foamy, swirl the pan to combine, and add bread slices. Cook each side for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from skillet and serve immediately with a sprinkle of powdered sugar and warm syrup.