There's no such thing as too much cheese. If you're unconvinced (or tragically lactose intolerant), know that it could possibly help you achieve immortality, and also know that Food Steez's recipe for a Parmesan-crusted pizza grilled cheese sandwich is a damn good reason to seek immortality. It takes two of your favorite cheese-forward foods and combines them in one. Cheesiness is next to godliness, so watch the video above and get to it.
Parmesan-Crusted Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2-3 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 6+ slices pepperoni
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- Take 1 slice of bread and butter one side of it. Add 2-3 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese onto the same buttered side.
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, place the prepared slice of bread in the pan with the cheese and butter side facing down.
- On the unbuttered side, layer the following: 2-3 tablespoons of marinara, half of the shredded mozzarella, pepperoni, and the remaining mozzarella.
- Take the remaining slice of bread and butter one side with softened butter. Sprinkle on 2-3 tablespoons of shredded Parmesan cheese on the buttered side. Place slice down butter/cheese side up on grilled cheese.
- Cook for 4-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese on the inside is melted. Combine both slices to build the sandwich, and serve.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.