You Had Me at Jell-O: Pumpkin Pie Vodka Shots
Pumpkin pie season is officially here. We're obsessed with the classic dessert no matter which mouthwatering form it takes -- so you can understand our excitement when we heard about these pumpkin pie Jell-O shots. It's every multi-tasker's dream: you can treat yourself to dessert and get a festive buzz going at the same time, which makes these adorable little crusts of joy the life of any party.
Pumpkin Pie Jell-O Shots
- 1 package pre-made pie crust
- 2 packets unflavored gelatin powder
- 1¼ cups water
- ⅓ cup pumpkin purée
- ½ cup whipped cream vodka
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tablespoon heavy cream
- Whipped cream, to garnish
- Pumpkin pie spice, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Unroll pie dough and cut into small circles using a thin glass. Place the circles in a small cupcake/muffin tin and bake according to the package instructions (approximately 5 minutes). Set aside and let cool.
- Pour 1 cup of water into a medium saucepan, and sprinkle in gelatin packets. Let sit for 2 minutes before heating.
- Turn stove onto medium-high heat. Stir in pumpkin purée and sugar. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat. Set aside and let cool.
- Add vodka, heavy cream, and additional ¼ cup water to the pot. Stir until the mixture is uniform throughout.
- Pour the gelatin mixture into the pie crusts. Place in refrigerator to sit overnight (or for at least 8 hours).
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice. Serve.