If chocolate and peanut butter is a match made in heaven, chocolate, peanut butter, and alcohol is a match made in some incredible place no one's even THOUGHT of yet. Luckily, it can also be made in your house, thanks to this recipe for a peanut butter cup martini that tastily blends two of America's favorite ways to get a buzz going. Watch the video above to see how it's done.
Peanut Butter Cup Martini
- 8 ounces chocolate vodka
- ¼ cup peanut butter simple syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 dollops creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Hot fudge or chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (plus more to garnish)
- Cocktail stirrers, to garnish
- Peanut butter cups, to garnish
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the water and sugar. Stir well and let simmer for approximately 5 minutes or until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Add 2 dollops of peanut butter and stir until it dissolves. Stir continuously using a whisk or rubber spatula until it becomes a syrup. Set aside and let cool.
- Carefully spoon or squeeze a bit of hot fudge or chocolate syrup into the bottom of the martini glass. Put the glass in the freezer to chill.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the vodka, peanut butter simple syrup, cocoa powder, and milk. Cover and shake vigorously for approximately 1 minute.
- Strain the mixture into the martini glass, and garnish with a sprinkle of cocoa powder and peanut butter cups. Serve.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.