This Peanut Cola Bourbon Float Is Guaranteed to Cure All Your Adulting Woes
We're convinced (and heck, Ben and Jerry seem to agree) that bourbon and ice cream are basically flavor soulmates... and they're even better when you factor in your favorite classic cola, and homemade peanut butter ice cream. So whether it's your sweet tooth or the usual adulting woes that have you down and out, take heart: This peanut butter-cola-bourbon float from DrinksMadeEasy is guaranteed to have your spirits (and blood sugar) on the up-and-up in no time at all. What are you waiting for? Here's how to make it.
Yield: 2 cocktails
- 2 scoops homemade peanut butter ice cream
- 1 (14-ounce can) condensed milk, sweetened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup peanut butter, smooth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 ounces bourbon
- Cola of choice
- Crushed peanuts, to garnish
- To make the homemade peanut butter ice cream, combine the condensed milk, vanilla extract, and peanut butter in a medium-sized bowl.
- Using a standing mixer with a whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Whisk in ⅓ of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture, folding in the remaining whipped cream until fully incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan and freeze it until firm (approximately 6 hours), or covered for up to 1 week.
- To make the cocktail, add 2 scoops of the peanut butter ice cream to each cocktail glass. Follow with bourbon, and then float with cola of choice to the rim.
- Garnish with crushed peanuts, and serve.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.