Yield: 2 cocktails
- 1 (14-ounce can) condensed milk, sweetened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup peanut butter, smooth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 ounces bourbon
- Cola of choice
- Crushed peanuts, to garnish
- To make the homemade peanut butter ice cream, combine the condensed milk, vanilla extract, and peanut butter in a medium-sized bowl.
- Using a standing mixer with a whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Whisk in ⅓ of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture, folding in the remaining whipped cream until fully incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan and freeze it until firm (approximately 6 hours), or covered for up to 1 week.
- To make the cocktail, add 2 scoops of the peanut butter ice cream to each cocktail glass. Follow with bourbon, and then float with cola of choice to the rim.
- Garnish with crushed peanuts, and serve.