Big Boi From OutKast Introduces Cliff to Atlanta’s Food Scene
Peppermint Mocha Brownies
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Baking powder
- 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow fluff
- ⅓ cup vanilla frosting (homemade or store variety)
- 2 tablespoons peppermint mocha creamer, divided)
- 20 peppermint candies, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour an 8-inch square pan.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl in the microwave. In a large mixing bowl, add the sugar, melted butter, eggs, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Mix well to combine.
- Beat in the cocoa powder, all-purpose flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for approximately 25-35 minutes.
- To make the frosting, combine the marshmallow fluff, vanilla frosting, and creamer in a mixing bowl. Whip until uniform throughout.
- Spread the frosting over the brownies and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies. Serve.