Sweet, gooey, crunchy, minty, chocolatey -- is there a more perfect dessert than the likes of peppermint mocha brownies? We certainly don't think so, which is why we strongly advise you to fire up the oven and make this recipe from Food Steez. They're easy, delicious, and guaranteed to provide everything you want in a dessert, so go watch the video above and prepare to fall in love.
Peppermint Mocha Brownies
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Baking powder
- 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow fluff
- ⅓ cup vanilla frosting (homemade or store variety)
- 2 tablespoons peppermint mocha creamer, divided)
- 20 peppermint candies, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour an 8-inch square pan.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl in the microwave. In a large mixing bowl, add the sugar, melted butter, eggs, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Mix well to combine.
- Beat in the cocoa powder, all-purpose flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for approximately 25-35 minutes.
- To make the frosting, combine the marshmallow fluff, vanilla frosting, and creamer in a mixing bowl. Whip until uniform throughout.
- Spread the frosting over the brownies and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies. Serve.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.