Philly Cheesesteak Lasagna Recipe
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 1 (9-by-13-inch) pan
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium yellow onions, halved and sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 poblano peppers, sliced thin
- 2 cubanelle peppers, sliced thin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 wavy lasagna noodles
- 2 pounds cooked roast beef, sliced thin
- 12 slices sharp provolone
- 1 (15-ounce) jar Cheez Whiz
- 1 cup freshly grated aged provolone
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat a large Dutch oven or wok over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat until shimmering. Add onions and sauté until soft. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt over them and cook until they just start to brown, about 10 minutes. Add mushrooms, peppers, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Turn heat to high and sauté for 8-10 minutes or until all the juices have released and evaporated. Turn off heat and stir in black pepper.
- Boil 2 quarts of water in a large pot and cook lasagna noodles for 4 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Toss with olive oil so the noodles don't stick together.
- Layer noodles side by side with edges overlapping in 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Stack 1 pound of roast beef evenly over the noodles. Lay 6 slices of provolone over the beef. Top with half of the mushroom-onion-pepper mixture. Spread half the Cheez Whiz on top. Repeat layers once more. To finish, spread out the remaining noodles and top with grated provolone.
Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let this beast sit for 15 minutes before cutting into it.