Make This Sushi Burrito at Home, Become a Snack Legend
Philly Cheesesteak Taquitos
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 sirloin steaks
- ½ cup mozzarella, grated
- ½ cup cheddar, shredded
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 6 small flour tortillas
- Roasted mixed peppers
- Put steaks in the freezer for about 30 minutes or until firm. Once chilled, trim the fat off and slice as thinly as possible.
- Add olive oil, onions, peppers, salt, and pepper to a medium-sized skillet, cooking for approximately 5 minutes or until warm and tender. Push the vegetables to periphery of the pan and add the steak and diced garlic to the center. Cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure even temperature throughout. Add Worcestershire sauce, stir thoroughly, and remove from heat.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese over the base of each tortilla, followed by 1-2 tablespoons of the steak and vegetable mix, and finish with a generous sprinkle of mozzarella and cheddar. Carefully roll each tortilla as tightly as possible.
- Place the taquitos on a parchment paper-lined baking tray with the folded side facing downwards. Spritz liberally with olive oil, and bake for 20 minutes at 356°F.
- Arrange the taquitos on a serving board, topped with roasted mixed peppers and your favorite queso.