Philly Cheesesteak Waffle Fry Nachos
- 1 lb. flank steak, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. oil
- ½ cup green pepper, sliced
- ½ cup yellow pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 1.25 lb bag of waffle cut fries
- 2 cups shredded white American cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cheese Sauce:
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- To make the cheese sauce, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour then whisk for one minute.
- Slowly whisk in milk then season with salt and pepper and switch to a wooden spoon. Stir and cook until thickened, about 4-5 minutes. Turn off heat then add cheese and stir until melted and smooth. Taste then season with additional salt and pepper if necessary. Serve immediately.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add meat, stir and cook until no longer pink; salt and pepper to taste. Transfer cooked meat to a plate; set aside.
- Add peppers to skillet and cook until just soft; transfer to plate with meat to cool slightly.
- Heat oven to 385 degrees. To assemble the nachos, spray oil on a baking sheet and add waffle fries and peppers. Bake until golden brown.
- While nachos are baking, add diced onions and caramelize.
- Remove from oven and add cheese sauce and grilled onions.