Philly Cheesesteak Waffle Fry Nachos Change the Nacho Game Forever
Take your nachos to the next level with Food Steez's Philly cheesesteak waffle fries nachos. Load up waffle fries with flank steak, peppers, onions, and top it off with a homemade cheese sauce for some nacho average nachos.
Philly Cheesesteak Waffle Fry Nachos
- 1 lb. flank steak, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. oil
- ½ cup green pepper, sliced
- ½ cup yellow pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 1.25 lb bag of waffle cut fries
- 2 cups shredded white American cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cheese Sauce:
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- To make the cheese sauce, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour then whisk for one minute.
- Slowly whisk in milk then season with salt and pepper and switch to a wooden spoon. Stir and cook until thickened, about 4-5 minutes. Turn off heat then add cheese and stir until melted and smooth. Taste then season with additional salt and pepper if necessary. Serve immediately.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add meat, stir and cook until no longer pink; salt and pepper to taste. Transfer cooked meat to a plate; set aside.
- Add peppers to skillet and cook until just soft; transfer to plate with meat to cool slightly.
- Heat oven to 385 degrees. To assemble the nachos, spray oil on a baking sheet and add waffle fries and peppers. Bake until golden brown.
- While nachos are baking, add diced onions and caramelize.
- Remove from oven and add cheese sauce and grilled onions.
Thrillist Video brings you the best local food stories and trends, from barbecue tips to odd jobs around the world.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.