Potato Skin-Breaded Queso Balls Will Make All Other Apps Obsolete
Pizza Pot Pie Recipe
Yield: 4 pot pies
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage, removed from casings
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1¼ cups pizza sauce, divided
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 4 (8-ounce) ramekins
- 1 tube Pillsbury Grands! Flaky Layers Original Biscuits
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 12 small pepperoni slices
- 1 egg + 1 tablespoon water, whisked together
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage, onion, and bell pepper, breaking up the sausage with a wooden spoon, until sausage is browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1 cup pizza sauce and reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered for 3 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in mozzarella and basil. Divide sausage mixture among ramekins.
- With a rolling pin or your hands, smash 2 biscuit disks together and spread the dough out until it’s 1 inch wider in diameter than a ramekin. Place it over a ramekin, covering the filling, and press down along the edges to seal. Gently fold the overhanging dough back up to form a raised edge.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of remaining pizza sauce on the pizza, avoiding the edge, and top with Parmesan cheese, oregano, and pepperoni. Cut a couple small vent holes in the middle for steam to escape. Brush just the edge with egg wash. Repeat with remaining dough and ramekins. Place them on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 12-15 minutes.