The Pizza Experience Is a New, Interactive Pizza-Themed Pop Up
Pizza Rolls Recipe
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 9 rolls
- Olive oil cooking spray
- All-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 4 ounces pepperoni slices
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup coarse-ground cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8” square cake pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Sprinkle flour on a clean work surface and roll out pizza dough with a rolling pin into a 18-by-12-inch rectangle with a long edge nearest you.
- Mix the margarine and garlic powder together and spread evenly on top of the dough, leaving a 1-inch border along the top edge bare. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Spread pizza sauce evenly on top of the dough, again leaving the top edge bare. Top with pepperoni, then mozzarella.
- Beginning with the long edge nearest you, roll the dough away from you into a tight cylinder. Pinch the seam to seal. Using a very sharp knife, cut the cylinder into 9 (2-inch-wide) slices.
- Pour cornmeal into a shallow dish. Dip a swirly side of each roll into cornmeal and place them cornmeal-side down in the baking pan. Give each roll about 1 inch of breathing room on all sides.
- Bake until tops are golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, spray the tops with a little olive oil, and let cool slightly while you make the icing.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cream cheese, mascarpone, and milk until creamy and smooth. Drizzle over the rolls and serve immediately.