Stay Classy This Winter With a Spiced Pear Tom Collins
Pizza-Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 3 small bell peppers (1 red, 1 yellow, 1 orange)
- 12 ounces ground Italian sausage
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 14 ounces pizza sauce, of your choice
- ½ cup mini pepperoni
- ¼ cup basil, chiffonade
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 6 slices fresh mozzarella
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Dice half of a red onion. Cut the tops off all 3 bell peppers and remove seeds inside.
- In a lightly oiled saucepan over medium heat, combine the minced garlic and chopped onion. Sauté for 3-4 minutes until fragrant, and add the Italian sausage. Cook until fully browned before adding salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Coat a small baking dish with cooking oil or nonstick spray and add the hollowed out peppers. Fill each pepper ¾ of the way with the sausage mixture, followed 2 tablespoons of marinara sauce, 2 slices of mozzarella, and the mini pepperonis.
- Place the dish in the oven for 8-10 minutes (or until the mozzarella has fully melted).
- Remove the peppers from the oven and baking dish. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and basil chiffonade, and serve.