Pizza Waffles Mean Late-Night Brunch Now Exists
Because Pillsbury biscuits are light and fluffy and crisp up in a waffle iron exactly how I need them to, I skipped making pizza dough from scratch altogether. These cheesy pepperoni waffles won't make you write off a regular ole plain slice entirely, but they'll definitely encourage you to consider it. To the video!
Pizza Waffle Recipe
- 1 tube Pillsbury Grands! biscuits
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- 16 slices provolone cheese
- 16 slices pepperoni
- Waffle iron
- Preheat and lightly grease the waffle iron.
- Flatten the biscuits slightly between your hands. Spread 1 heaping teaspoon of sauce in the middle of each biscuit. Top with 2 slices provolone and 2 slices pepperoni. Sandwich two biscuits together, with toppings facing inside, and pinch the edges to seal. Repeat until you have 4 pizza-stuffed biscuits.
- Working with one at a time, smash the biscuits in the center of the waffle iron and cook until golden and crispy.