Stay Classy This Winter With a Spiced Pear Tom Collins
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- ¼ cup water
- Equal parts granulated sugar
- 3 ounces simple syrup
- 3 ounces lemon juice
- 12 ounces seltzer water
- 6 ounces pilsner or pale lager
- Lemon wedge, to garnish
- To make the homemade pomegranate syrup, combine the pomegranate seeds and ¼ cup of water in a blender or food processor. Pulse until smooth and strain out the solids to extract all the juice from the pulp. In a Mason jar or other sealable vessel, pour the juice and add equal parts granulated sugar (by volume). Shake to agitate and integrate.
- To make the sparkling lemonade, combine 3 ounces simple syrup, 3 ounces lemon juice, and 12 ounces of seltzer water. Stir gently to combine.
- To build the cocktail, combine the pomegranate syrup and lemonade in a cocktail glass. Float with beer to the rim, being careful not to let the foam overflow. Garnish with a lemon wedge and serve.