This Recipe Combines 2 of the Greatest Foods
Potato Chip Brownies Recipe
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 9-12 brownies
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups ruffled potato chips, roughly broken up
- Heat the oven to 350°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Grease a 9-by-9-inch baking pan and line it with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Combine the chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until evenly melted. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Combine sugar, cocoa powder, espresso, and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add eggs, vanilla, and melted chocolate; mix until uniform in color. Add flour and stir until just incorporated. Gently fold in 1 cup potato chips. Pour batter into the pan and even it out with a spatula. Top with remaining potato chips.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before cutting into 9 squares or 12 rectangles.