These Mac & Cheese Nachos Just Won the Comfort Food Game
Prickly Pear Mezcal Mule
Yield: 2 drinks
- 2 oz lime juice
- 1/2 jalapeño
- 2 oz Mezcal
- 1 bottle of ginger beer
- Lime, for rimming the glass
- Salt, for rimming the glass
- Jalapeño slices (seeded), for garnish
- 1 oz. prickly pear syrup:
- 4 prickly pears
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- For the prickly pear syrup: Scrape off the thorns of the prickly pears and cut off the ends. Make a lengthwise slit through the skin, peel off and discard the skin. Transfer prickly pears to a food processor and process until pureed. Strain the pear puree. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine prickle pear puree, water and sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat stirring to dissolve the sugar. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook uncovered for about 10 minutes. Transfer syrup to jar and allow to cool in fridge entirely.
- Sprinkle salt on a plate and set aside. Run a cut lime along the rim of the glasses. Dip the rim in the salt covered plate. Set the glasses aside.
- Muddle the lime juice and jalapeño at the bottom of a shaker until well combined.
- Add the Mezcal, a few cubes of ice and the prickly pear syrup. Shake vigorously until well combined.
- Pour the contents of the shaker into a glass filled with ice and top with ginger beer. Stir thoroughly. Garnish the drink with a few jalapeño slices and serve.