Forget Diamonds, We Want This Puff Pizza Ring Instead
Make homemade pizza the Twisted way and turn some puff pastry into a cheese and sauce-filled pizza pocket, stuffed with pepperoni, mozzarella, peppers, and basil. Finish off the pizza ring by dipping the tasty triangles into creamy ranch dressing.
Puff Pizza Ring
- 2 pack ready to roll puff pastry
- 200ml pizza sauce
- 1 pack pepperoni
- 2 large handfuls mozzarella, grated
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 large handfuls parmesan, grated
- small bunch fresh basil leaves
- 2 tsp oregano
- Ranch dressing
- For topping:
- 2 whisked eggs
- pizza sauce
- grated cheddar
- Roll the puff pastry out into 2 large rectangles and slice into 8 triangles each (leaving you with 16 triangles overall).
- Arrange the triangles in a circle, overlapping each one slightly to ensure the filling will be well wrapped. Spread some pizza sauce around the ring (reserving some for the topping), then top with pepperoni, mozzarella, red pepper, basil, and oregano to form a circle of ingredients.
- Fold the corners of the triangles into the centre of the ring one at a time. Press down into the bottom of the pastry to lightly seal.
- Brush the whole ring with the whisked egg then drizzle with more pizza sauce and grated cheddar.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden and well risen. Pour the remaining topping over the ring along with some more cheese.
- Return to the oven for 10 minutes then serve with Ranch dressing.
Thrillist Video brings you the best local food stories and trends, from barbecue tips to odd jobs around the world.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.