Pulled Pork Lasagna
- 4 lb Pork Shoulder joint, skin removed and trimmed of fat
- 400g tomato passata
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup american mustard
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 6 fresh lasagna sheets
- mozzarella, 2 fresh balls, each sliced into 6
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar, grated
- 3/4 cup parmesan, grated
- 3 tbsp spring onions, green parts only
- Pop all of your pork ingredients in your slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours (6 if you have it).
- If necessary, once cooked, tip out the juice from the slow cooker and reduce on the hob before adding back to your meltingly tender pork joint. This will make it nice and thick and perfect for your layering.
- Shred your pork in the slow cooker with two forks. Spoon 3 large spoonfuls into a lasagne dish.
- Top with a layer of lasagne (2 sheets). Add half of the remaining pork and juice. Top with 1 tbsp of spring onions, half of your mozzarella and a third of your cheddar. Go on with another layer of pasta. Top with the rest of the pulled pork, some more spring onions, the rest of your mozzarella and a third more of your cheddar. Add a final layer of pasta and cover with the remaining cheddar and your Parmesan.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 40 minutes at 400. Uncover for a final 10 minutes. Serve with a bit more bbq sauce, cheese and spring onions.