Forget Lattes, Get Your Pumpkin Spice From This Shandy Instead
The golden days of pumpkins and cider are upon us, and what better way to fête the start of a new season than with this Pumpkin Shandy recipe from the boys at DrinksMadeEasy? It features all of our favorite, quintessentially autumnal ingredients all in one glass: homemade apple cider, Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale, cinnamon, and crisp, juicy red apples. For all that this beertail takes a mere 10 minutes to make from start to finish, it's insanely delicious. Get excidered.
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 bottles of Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Ale
- Homemade sparkling cider (4½ ounces frozen apple juice concentrate, 1½ ounce can of seltzer/soda water)
- 1 red apple, sliced
- ¼ cup cinnamon sugar
- Make The Sparkling Cider: Thaw the apple juice concentrate and pour it into a medium-sized, airtight container (we used a glass flask), followed by the can of seltzer. Seal and set aside.
- Toss the red apple slices in cinnamon sugar until lightly and evenly coated.
- Pour Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale into 2 pilsner glasses until each one is roughly ¾ of the way full. Add a float of cider to the rim (don't worry about extra bubbles -- a bit of foam is ideal!), garnish with the apple slices, and serve.